Thursday, May 23, 2013

Buying Sang Suria condo at Jalan Ipoh/Sentul

At last year October, I decided to purchase a condo in KL for own stay. Of course, there are some criteria need to be met for me to purchase a condo.

  • Decent condo. At least it should have a good, safety and gated environment.
  • Near my working place--Bangsar South and not far from my gf house at Selayang.
  • Not over than 400k.
  • The house value could be appreciated from time to time.
I had opened the google map and narrow down my searching. The following area have been shortlisted:
  1. Jalan Kuching
  2. Jalan Ipoh
  3. Batu Cave
  4. Sentul
  5. Kepong
  6. Mont Kiara
I have traveled around those areas and looking for a condo that can meet my criteria. Personally, I don't like a new launched projects as it's too pricey for me. Eventually, 4 condo keeps my eyes were Rivercity, The Saffron, Sang Suria and Sri Putramas.

After spend 2 days doing research, I have decided to choose Sang Suria condo as my first property in KL. Basically the following are the reason why I choose the Sang Suria eventhrough it has over my budget(RM400k)
  1. I was speculated there will be a MRT station in Sentul West area for KVMRT3(Previously named as KVMRT2) project.
  2. Jalan Ipoh/Sentul area is mature township.
  3. YTLLand owns the big land which is comprising 119acres in Sentul. They haven't fully develop the land yet. I foresee there will be more YTL projects going to develop in future.
  4. The Jalan Ipoh bus terminus is to be integrated with the proposed LRT terminus of the extended STAR LRT line to create a multi modal interchange incorporating taxi, rail and inter regional bus services. ( reference : http://www.dbkl.gov.my/pskl2020/english/strategic_zone/index.htm)
Today, I browse through the internet and I find out the something quite interesting that shared by a forumer in lowyat.net. See the picture below and focus green highlighted circle.

From the picture, 2 stations of KVMRT2 located in Sentul/Jalan Ipoh. The question is, where is the exact location? Besides that, seems that there will be a cross line between KVMRT2 and KVMRT3 at Jalan Ipoh/Sentul. I guess there will be a interchange hub establish at Jalan Ipoh. Maybe I'm wrong guessing, who's know? However, 1 thing I can definitely can confirm is, there will be at least 1 MRT station in Sentul West.

Last but not least, happy investing on property and good luck!

8 comments:

Josh Ong said...

Will HSR station will be located in Sentul? Another question appear in my mind now... Let's see. If it's happen, then it will be another bonus to jalan ipoh/sentul property owner...

xhxh said...

Hi! I am going to buy my first home in KL too and have shortlisted similar properties like you did. I am currently considering Rivercity and Sangsuria but prefer the former. Would you mind sharing with me what makes you decided to invest on Sangsuria instead of the others?

Josh Ong said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Josh Ong said...

During the period of making decision, I have no much option as there is only a few condo around Jalan Ipoh that close proximity to KL. I'm looking for own stay and I have no regret of making that decision as it's a peaceful area to stay at. For instance, I have no worry about the security in that compound area even through it doesn't has 3-tier/4 tiers security like what new condo having now. And yet, the condo has appreciate since then to 500 psf as now and I believe would appreciate further in the future when MRT infra service start to operate. At night, I could enjoy the KLCC night scenery without any blocking due to no any high rise development in sentul park. 6 units per floor, total 25 floors for high rise, 4 lifts in operate and 300++ units in total, It could consider one of the low density condo that you could find within Jalan Ipoh area.
Regarding the Rivercity, I have no much comment about this as I don't have right feeling when my first visiting there. I not sure the car park flooding issue has been resolved for now.
If you are looking for new development, you can consider The Pano(opposite Sang Suria, estimate 800psf) and Court 28(Near Viva condo, 720 psf) or The Era ( Segambut industry area) within 3km radius from Sang Suria. UOA Taman Bamboo is coming soon as well.
Last and no least, thanks for visiting my post!

Condo Hunt said...

I agree with your reasons for getting this condo at that point of time. But what if you are looking for a condo now:

1. Would you still consider buying Sang Suria at current market price considering that there are now more newer and upcoming developments nearby?

2. If the answer is still yes, why and in your opinion what is the fair price range for this condo?

Amy See said...

It's worth that, buy a new condo invest in Jalan Ipoh/ Taman wahyu?

Amy See said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
celin莉珊89^^ said...

Hi,

Do you think Sang Suria is still worth to invest/stay?
Thank you.